If you have spent much time around this blog, you have recently heard of my unusual habit: when I’m stuck, I amuse myself with the ridiculous until a reasonable idea surfaces. Whether this means Master Chief, ninjas, and Iron Man invade my fantasy world to save the day or Inigo Montoya replies humorously to an earth-shattering line, I indulge my imagination until it snaps out of its slap-happy state.
Today’s troublesome bit:
The top 5 movie-inspired resolutions that just won’t cut it:
5. The prince turns into a Pandoran and lives happily ever in all his blue glory. (Pardon me while I gag at the thought…)
4. It turns out this is a dream within a dream within a dream. Then the prince wakes back up in reality. Or is it reality….?
3. The prince is eaten by a kraken. The end.
2. Everyone is arrested for being suspected of killing a renowned, unrelated historian earlier in the book.
1. Aliens arrive and blow the prince, the kingdom, and the entire world to smithereens. After all, the planet is in the way of an intergalactic bypass, and you have to build bypasses.
Now that that’s out of the way, back to work.