As I previously mentioned, I’ve been tagged by C.B. Wentworth! Her blog is one of my favorites. If you’re a fellow aspiring writer, you should definitely stop by.
If I understand the rules correctly, I answer her questions, I post questions, then eleven other bloggers of my choosing answer mine (if they are so inclined). So without further ado, here we go…
1) What book have you always wanted to read, but still haven’t gotten around to it?
Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. I need to put it on my summer reading list this year.
2) What classic book do you feel is overrated? Why?
Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan. I appreciate that it had an impact, but there are better examples of allegories out there (and ones where the characters aren’t named Mr. Worldly Wiseman).
3) What is your favorite movie adaptation of a book? Least favorite?
One of my favorite movie adaptations is Star Dust. Sure, it’s a fairly typical story, but it’s enchanting and, surprisingly, much better than the book. My least favorite: definitely Eragon.
4) Where is your favorite place to write?
In my library, in my “Jane Austen corner” by the window.
5) Pen or pencil?
Pen. Sharpie Pen. Black.
6) What was your favorite toy as a child?
I loved my American Girl Samantha doll. I carried her around until I was a couple of months shy of twelve. Then I met my husband and decided that I probably looked a little silly carrying a doll around everywhere.
7) What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
The greatest accomplishment thus far was being chosen for a poetry reading during college. Turned out that it was a very small event (the people who came just to see me were half of the audience), but I was still chosen and still got to read my poem (a poem, of all things) in front of everyone else. I loved doing it and it inspired me to continue pushing towards my writing dreams.
8) If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one ability or quality, what would it be?
Telekinesis. Might as well dream big, right?
9) What are five songs you hate to admit you love?
- “Oh Yeah” by Yello (thank growing up with Ferris Bueller’s Day Off for that one)
- “A Happy Little Working Song” from Enchanted (and I sing it when I clean sometimes…)
- “Jump, Jump, Jump” by True Vibe (Let’s just say it’s a cliché from the early 2000’s Christian music scene… My friends would ridicule me for it, but it’s catchy.)
- “His Cheeseburger” from the Veggie Tales (and I know every word and inflection too…)
- “End Credits (Want You Gone)” from Portal 2 (And what’s worse, my husband and I randomly break out into together… Our family thinks we’re crazy.)
10) Where is your dream destination, (or place you’ve always wanted to go)?
Definitely the UK.
11) What are the top five things on your bucket list?
- Get published (of course)
- See a real castle
- Speak French in France
- Learn to play my mandolin
- Have high tea in England
– – –
1. Who has influenced your writing most?
2. Coffee or tea?
3. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
4. Are you currently reading a book? If so, which one?
5. Do you participate in NaNoWriMo? Why or why not?
6. Who is your favorite villain?
7. What is your pet peeve?
8. What inspired you begin blogging?
9. What is your favorite word?
10. If you could try any job for a day, what job would you choose?
11. You have been given the power to change one thing in the world. What would you change?
– – –
Tag! You’re It!
If you choose to take on the challenge, please post a link leading to your answers to my questions. Have fun and pass it along to 11 more bloggers.